Intake and Referral Department
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s Intake and Referral Department works to ensure that the admission process flows as seamlessly as possible for our patients and their families. It is our team's first priority to assist potential patients and their families in feeling comfortable and knowledgeable about the hospitalization process. If you are seeking care for yourself, a loved one, or an individual under your care, please call one of our intake and referral clinicians at 877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412 to take the next step toward healing.
We are available by phone and in person 24 hours a day,7 days a week including holidays.
877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412
What is an assessment?
At Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital our goal is to ensure patients and their loved ones feel comfortable and are well informed regarding treatment options. An Intake and Referral clinician specialist will ask questions about current concerns, including struggles with drug and/or alcohol use, in addition to medical and psychiatric history. An initial screening assessment allows us to efficiently and effectively evaluate current symptoms so that we may identify a program and/or service which best meets your needs. According to your preference, a family member or friend may be present during the assessment process for your comfort, assistance and support.
It should be noted that the initial screening assessment is not a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation. Rather, the screening assessment serves to help determine whether a hospital stay or another level of service would be beneficial. Once the assessment is complete, our Intake and Referral clinician will make a recommendation and review your treatment options.
How do I schedule an assessment?
An Intake and Referral professional can be reached toll free at 1-877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412. The clinician will take your call, ask a series of questions, and determine if a face-to-face assessment is the appropriate next step. Our goal is to schedule the assessment as soon as possible. Same day assessments may be available.
When do I schedule an assessment?
If you are having difficulty at school, work or home due to mental health or substance abuse issues such as suicidal/homicidal thoughts, self-harmful behaviors, aggressive/threatening/assaultive behaviors, depression, drug/alcohol abuse, bipolar disorder, hearing voices/seeing things others can’t hear or see, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety/panic disorders, or any other concerning behaviors, please call 877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412.
How long do assessments take?
The timeframe for an assessment varies, depending on your unique situation. In most situations, an assessment should take 30-45 minutes. If it is determined that hospitalization is the best course of treatment, two hours or less for the admission process should be expected.
Insurance and Payments
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital contracts with a variety of third-party providers. For more information about managed care agreements or other financial arrangements, please call our Patient Care Center at 877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412.
Planning for your Stay
It is our goal to provide the highest quality of healthcare to our patients. In order to do so, we have established some important guidelines to prepare for your stay.
· Please bring all prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as herbal supplements, with you and provide the contact information for your pharmacy.
· Please bring no more than 3-days’ worth of casual clothing for your inpatient stay. All units are equipped with a no-cost laundry room.
· It is requested that a patient bring all clothing items in 1 small suitcase.
· Please notify hospital of sleep-related needs such as C-PAP, oxygen, elevation of the head of the bed, egg crate or air mattress, incontinence supplies, etc., before admission.
· Please bring all legal documents such as guardianship/custody/foster care placement paperwork, if applicable.
Items Not Allowed in Inpatient Areas
For the safety of our patients and staff, the following items are not permitted on the inpatient units at Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital:
· Electronic items (curling/straightening irons, hairdryers, tablets, laptops, cell phones, IPODS, video games, etc.)
· Jewelry (only wedding rings are allowed)
· Purses and wallets
· Any glass & metal objects of any type (including underwire bras)
· Scarves, belts, shoestrings, drawstrings, etc.
· Flammable items of any type (matches, lighters, etc.) or other smoking paraphernalia including electronic cigarettes
· Tobacco products, including chewing tobacco
· Drugs & alcohol or related paraphernalia
· Mouthwash, hairspray, nail polish remover, aerosol sprays of any type. Basic toiletries will be provided by the facility.
· Stuffed animals, blankets and pillows from home, and “hoodie” sweatshirts
· Clothing items with a negative/offensive message or any revealing clothing.
A more detailed list of prohibited items is available at the reception desk or the intake department. If there are any questions about the appropriate items to pack, please call the intake department at 877-590-0416 or 508-329-6412.